The following is a guest post by Alyssa Clarke, a blogger who also happens to be a tech buff. She Loves cars as well and is currently working on an article on most expensive cars in the world. She recently went to attend an auto show in India and was really impressed with Indian autos showcased there.
Marketing over the internet is a process, which requires renewed effort despite success or failure.
Analysis of the results achieved directs the further course of action. The virtual world is as dynamic as it gets. No strategy works for long. It is important to reinvent. The internet marketing methodology that you used in 2011 calls for some tweaks for it to emerge as a winner in 2012.
Steps to follow
- Use Social Media appropriately: Offer support to consumers through the various social networking platforms. Make information on the latest products and services available while ensuring that all customer concerns are addressed at the earliest and to the satisfaction of the consumers. No marketing initiative can work better than this. Present your organization as the one that values its consumers. Reap the rich dividends such a marketing initiative brings to you in terms of sales and revenues.
- List contact details on online business directories: The use of internet on the move through portable devices such as mobile phones and tablets allows people to quickly look for an avenue to avail a product or a service. Establishing your business’s presence on such platforms brings to you a wide array of opportunities for sales.
- Employ the services of popular blogs: Blogs can help you promote the products. Use the blogs to direct traffic to your website that offers more information on the products. The popularity of a blog signifies a large number of visitors. Guest blogging on a popular blog offers you another opportunity to drop subtle hints on the quality of services you offer. Make the most of it but do not reduce the blog to an advertisement. Make assertions only when you have factual data to back it.
- Pay attention to quality: This is extremely important. You may get traffic through various means but only when the content is good would you be able to keep the bounce rate at low levels. While making efforts for getting more traffic to your website do not ignore the fact that eventually it is the quality of the content on your website that would create an impression in the minds of people about the expected quality of your products.
- Keep abreast with changing requirements of SEO: Just as search engines make changes to their algorithms, organizations need to tweak their SEO techniques to keep up with the changes being introduced in order to retain their high ranks.
- Do not irk consumers with spam: Do not make Social Media and other communication avenues one sided by sharing your message with little regard for what the consumer has to say. Allow for interaction and take consumer feedback in your stride.
- Do not populate the web with poor quality content: Poor quality content has an adverse impact on the brand equity of your business. It populates the web with links to your website but in the end it does you more harm than good. Build a strategy and follow it religiously. Assess the results you get. Bring about changes in order to factor in the insights gained. Innovation is a must. Bring value to the consumers to create a good will around your products and services. This will bring unparalleled success to your internet marketing campaign.
Bloopers to avoid
About the author: Alyssa Clarke is a blogger who also happens to be a tech buff. She Loves cars as well
and is currently working on an article on most expensive cars in the world. She recently went to attend
an auto show in India and was really impressed with Indian autos showcased there.